Associate Professor of the Practice of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ph. D. in Civil Engineering,Vanderbilt University, 1994
- M. S. in Civil Engineering,Vanderbilt University,1992
- B. S. in Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1984
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Sustainable building design
Lori Troxel is an Associate Professor of the Practice of Civil and Environmental Engineering with teaching responsibilities in the area of structural engineering. She is the faculty advisor for the Vanderbilt student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers. She has completed the EXCEED teaching course and training for faculty advisors. She and the chapter have received national recognition several times for their outstanding chapter. Professor Troxel will be teaching a class in Belfast, Northern Ireland on sustainable building design. Her design experience includes designing foundations for electrical power equipment, inspecting supports in nuclear reactors, and designing prestressed bridges.