Incoming Students, Class of 2025
All newly admitted Engineering students should review the information below to help prepare for registration and the transition to Vanderbilt. Parents and families of newly admitted Engineering students can visit the section below for information on our new webinar.
The following information has been compiled specifically for the School of Engineering Class of 2025.
Please complete these forms as appropriate and submit them by the published deadlines.
- Engineering Registration Information
Major Declaration Form
- Consent to Release Academic Information (Completion of this form allows the release of your academic information to your parents and/or other designees. It is to be downloaded, completed, and emailed to engineering-oas@Vanderbilt.edu).
- Computer Information and Recommendations
Resources for Incoming Students
General Academic Success resources:
- STEM Tutoring
- Academic workshops and coaching offered by the Center for Student Wellbeing
- Help Desks or Tutored Study Halls operated by departments in the College of Arts and Science
- STEM study clubs and STEM mentoring offered by the Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center
- Vanderbilt Department of Mathematics Calculus Placement Information (uses this resource to determine the proper calculus course for you or to review materials in advance of the fall semester)
Pre-Calculus Resources (a solid background in pre-calculus will set you up best for success in the required Calculus sequence):
- Pre-Calculus Resources created by the University of Notre Dame
- Pre-calculus courses within Khan Academy or offered through Coursera
- Pre-Calculus course offered by Arizona State University
Resources for Parents and Families
As parents and other interested family members, you have important roles to play in the success of new undergraduate students in the Vanderbilt University School of Engineering. We--faculty and staff of VUSE--look forward to partnering with you in supporting your young scholar in their personal and professional journey. Join us for a webinar designed to give you helpful information and suggested strategies. The same webinar will be offered June 29th at 7:00 p.m. CDT and June 30th at 11:00 a.m. CDT. Registration links are below. A recording will be made available for those unable to attend either session.
Supporting Your Engineering Student: A Webinar for Parents of New School of Engineering Students
The recording from the Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 webinar can be found here.
If you were unable to join our webinar, you are welcome to access the presentation slides by clicking here.