Skip to main content

Choosing your Chemistry Course

If you have a 5 on the AP chemistry exam, you will receive AP credit for chemistry, and you should speak with an adviser from the School of Engineering Office of Academic Services about a suitable substitute course for the fall semester. Otherwise, you should take CHEM 1601 (lecture), CHEM 1601 (discussion), and CHEM 1601L (laboratory). 

Your major program will determine the preferred science courses you should take after the fall semester.