Current Student Forms
The forms required by the Vanderbilt Graduate School are maintained at this link .
Commonly used Graduate School forms, in addition to forms required by the BME department, are listed below. Please refer to the graduate school website above for forms that apply to more specialized situations, as other less commonly-used forms are found there but not listed on this document. The forms listed in italics are department-specific forms, and those will not be found on the graduate school website. For all forms, including those that go to the Graduate School, please send them first to the BME Graduate Coordinator for review, help getting the signature of the BME Director of Graduate Studies, and formal submission.
- Request to appoint advisor ; submitted in first year, typically upon matriculation, no later than end of spring semester.
- Mentoring committee meeting form; submitted with each mentoring meeting in first two years, typically four times total.
* Mentoring committee presentation should be prepared using the linked template.
- Ph.D. committee appointment form; submitted early fall of third year.
- Pre-qual meeting form; submitted by end of fall semester third year.
- Request to schedule qualifier exam ; before end of spring semester third year; submit at least two weeks before qualifier date.
- Qualifier exam results ; before end of spring semester third year; sent to program coordinator (with all signatures) asap after completion of the qualifier exam.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools ( SACS ) qualifier exam form. Program accreditation related form completed by committee at the end of the Qualifier Exam; signed form is returned by the committee to the student who submits to graduate coordinator.
- Intent to Graduate ; submit early in graduating semester.
- Request to schedule defense ; submitted at least two weeks before the defense date. See graduate school calendar to determine the deadline for final dissertation submission to be able to graduate in a given semester. Note that a defense typically needs to be held in early to mid-March to meet the timeline to graduate in May.
- Defense results ; sent to program coordinator (with all signatures) asap after defense.
- Other defense forms : Take copy of title page and abstract to the defense to get the required committee signatures.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools ( SACS ) defense form . Program accreditation related form filled out by the committee at the end of the defense; signed form is returned to the student who submits it to the graduate coordinator.