What's In It For YOU?
Doctoral candidates are awarded full financial aid in the form of teaching or research assistantships. Both assistantships typically include a full-tuition scholarship, monthly stipend, and paid health insurance. Student activity fees, which allow access to the student recreation center, are also covered. In addition, individual fellowship awards above and beyond the standard financial aid package are regularly awarded to outstanding applicants.
- TA and RA annual stipend award starting at $31,000 (Fall 2021)
- Full tuition award
- Paid health insurance
- Relocation stipend
- Paid activity and recreation fees
Additional fellowships ranging from $1,000 - $10,000 per year are available for highly qualified applicants.
- Financial support provided by department
- Main responsibility is to assist instructors
- Continuing support is contingent upon academic progress and positive evaluation
- Teaching assistantships are short-term support and priority is given to new incoming graduate students
- Financial support provided by individual faculty members through research grants
- Main responsibility is to assist faculty members with research project(s)
- Continuing support is contingent upon academic and research progress as well as availability of funds
Degree OptionsDoctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Recognition of high attainment in a special field of knowledge
- Preliminary, qualifier and dissertation defense
- Graduate level course of study
- Focus on engineering research
- Usual continuation toward Ph.D.
- “Topping up” fellowships for Ph.D.’s
- Advanced professional degree
- Awarded by the School of Engineering