We offer full support to our Ph.D. candidates through scholarships, fellowships, teaching assistantships and research assistantships.
- TA/RA annual stipend award starting at $30,000
- 100% tuition scholarship
- 100% health insurance
- 100% activity and recreation fees
Additional fellowships ranging from $1,000 - $10,000 per year are available for highly qualified applicants.
First year students in Materials Science are typically supported as teaching assistants for 9-12-months and transfer to research assistantships. TA teaching loads generally consist of teaching Strength of Materials in the fall semester and Materials Science I in the spring semester.
Prospective applicants are urged to apply for fellowships or grants from national, international, industrial or foundation sources.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- NASA Graduate Student Researchers Program
- SMART Scholarship
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship
- Department of Energy Computation Science Graduate Fellowship
- Department of Energy Office of Science Graduate Fellowship Program
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Graduate Fellowship Program
- National Physical Science Consortium Fellowships
- American Association of University Women
- GEM Graduate Fellowship Program