SAVE THE DATE FOR Vanderbilt Center on Mechanobiology 2nd Annual Retreat 8/15/2023
Vanderbilt Center on Mechanobiology Grant Finalist Presentations and Happy Hour
Save the Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Location: 3131 MRB 3
Come listen to the V-CoM Grant Finalists present their proposals. Grants $5,000-$20,000 range to be awarded.
Presentations will be followed by a Happy Hour in the 4th floor atrium.
We hope you can join us to network, build community, and discuss the proposal ideas.
Food and drinks provided. The event is open to graduate students, postdocs, staff, and faculty.
We look forward to seeing you and your lab members there!
***The Vanderbilt Center on Mechanobiology will award multiple grants in the $5,000 - $20,000 range ***
Thank you to those who attended the February V-CoM Research Social
Thank you to those who attended the January V-CoM Research Social
Save the date for a RESEARCH SOCIAL on Friday, January 20th, 2023
Thank you to everyone who make the inaugual V-CoM retreat a great success! We're reenergized to see what we can accomplish together.
Vanderbilt Center on Mechanobiology Inaugural Retreat
Joe C. Davis YMCA Outdoor Center, Nelson Andrews Leadership Lodge, 3088 Smith Springs Road, Antioch, TN 37013
Monday, August 15, 2022
MECHANOBIOLOGY ACROSS SCALES
9:00am – 9:15am Welcome Address
9:15am – 10:30am Session I (Chaired by Beth Lawrence, Postdoc, Zanic Lab (CDB))
- Professor Matt Lang, Dept of Chemical and Molecular Engineering, 30-minute talk
- Nikki Rodgers, Zanic Lab (Cell and Developmental Biology) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
- Steven Walker, Olivares Lab (Biochemistry) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
- Jenna Mosier, Reinhart-King Lab (Biomedical Engineering), Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
10:30am – 10:45am Coffee Break
10:45am – 12:00pm Session II (Chaired by Katie Young, Postdoc, Reinhart-King Lab (BME))
- Professor Dave Merryman, Dept of Biomedical Engineering, 30-minute talk
- Joshua Greenlee, King Lab (Biomedical Engineering) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
- Deronisha Arceneaux, Lau Lab (Cell and Developmental Biology) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
Caitlin McAtee, Research Instructor (Cell and Developmental Biology), 15-minute talk
12:00pm – 2:30pm Lunch / Outdoor Activities / Free Time
2:30pm – 3:45pm Session III (Chaired by Andy Rolong, Postdoc, Lau Lab (CDB))
- Professor Andrea Page-McCaw, Dept of Cell and Developmental Biology, and Professor Shane Hutson, Dept of Physics and Astronomy, 30-minute talk
- Tian Zhu, Rafat Lab (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
- Wenjun Wang, Reinhart-King Lab (Biomedical Engineering) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
Gillian Fitz, Tyska Lab (Cell and Developmental Biology) Graduate Student, 15-minute talk
3:45pm – 4:00pm Coffee Break
4:00pm – 5:30pm Catered Poster Session
5:30pm – 6:30pm Dinner
6:30pm – 7:00pm Closing Remarks and Awards
More events to be announced soon!