Skip to main content

Resources & Links

Before conducting research abroad a range of practicalities should be addressed. Please review the guidelines for travel, health and security while living overseas.

International Travel Assistance

Vanderbilt has contracted with International SOS to provide travel assistance and evacuation services for all students, faculty and staff members traveling internationally on Vanderbilt related business. Prior to embarking on an international trip, all VU travelers should complete the Personal Traveler Locator on the portal.  This ensures coverage and provides the contact information needed by SOS and Vanderbilt to locate the traveler in the event of a crisis or emergency. Register your travel on the ISOS portal

Vanderbilt University and HTH Worldwide insurance offer short-term, international health insurance to any Vanderbilt student or employee going abroad for educational purposes. Insurance can be purchased by the week or the month. Vanderbilt students who are studying abroad through GEO on Vanderbilt-in-, CET, exchange, and independent programs will also be enrolled in HTH.

Apply for HTH online

Helpful links and articles:

International Travel
International Travel Help and Travel Registration Program

Bringing in a Visitor
International Visitors Information 2010 PDF
Checklist for Visiting Scholars
Export Control Office Compliance

Establishing a Partnership
International Project Program Procedure PDF
Memorandum of Understanding with an Overseas Institution PDF
School of Engineering's International Strategy PDF
Global Support Services