Class of 2027 Computer Requirements:
Please note that the specifications below are minimums (preferred specs in italics).
- Processor: Intel i5, 12th Generation or newer
- Primary Memory: 16GB RAM (32GB RAM)
- Hard drive: 512GB Solid State Drive (1TB Solid State Drive)
- Wireless Networking: WiFi 6/ax Wireless Standard
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics (discrete dedicated graphics card, NVIDIA recommended)
- English keyboard
- Three-year warranty with on-site support and accidental damage coverage (four-year warranty with on-site support and accidental damage coverage)
- Microsoft Windows 11 (Windows 10 or better) / MacOS
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) which is available free for students at the Vanderbilt Software Store
- Microsoft Defender – included in Windows 10 and 11 – or equivalent security software (i.e., software that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software). MacOS users can download Microsoft Defender from Microsoft .
Note: Whatever laptop computer you bring for use in your studies must be able to run application software designed to run on Microsoft Windows. Some application software will not function well or at all on a Mac. Also, Mac computers do not always work with external hardware required in some engineering classes. As such, students considering majoring in biomedical, civil, electrical & computer, or mechanical engineering should have a PC and not a Mac.
For more information visit: https://engineering.vanderbilt.edu/transit
For questions, please contact the VUIT Team via ticket/text/chat https://it.vanderbilt.edu or by calling 615.343.9999.