Engineering at Vanderbilt
- Produce intellectual leaders, entrepreneurs, and innovators by recruiting the best students and providing them a top-notch education.
- Deliver scholarship of the highest caliber, published in the most visible venues, addressing important societal problems..
- Be a leader in entrepreneurship and innovation, in Tennessee, the U.S., and globally.
- Strengthen our "go-to" image within Vanderbilt and Tennessee.
The Vanderbilt School of Engineering is internationally recognized for the superior quality of its research and education programs in selected fields of engineering. The School prepares students to become leaders and innovators in solving increasingly challenging and significant problems. The School includes five major departments and the Division of General Engineering:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- General Engineering
The School also offers programs in:
The School strives to meet the undergraduate education portion of its mission by offering these degree programs in fields of engineering relevant to the needs of society. An objective of these programs is to provide a technical education integrated with strong humanities, fine arts, and social sciences subject matter to provide the requisite foundation for life-long learning. The availability of second majors and minors in subject areas in other schools and colleges of the university increases opportunities for engineering students to enhance their education by pursuing studies in the non-technical disciplines.