First all-Vanderbilt undergraduate research fair and poster session Sept. 1
Monday, Sept. 1, 2014
Student Life Center
As an initiative of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, the Office of Honor Scholarships and Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program and the Littlejohn Familiy, and the School of Engineering are hosting Vanderbilt’s first university-wide, interdisciplinary, undergraduate poster session.
This is open to any student who has been involved in research, independent scholarship or creative activity over the past year.
More information and online registration can be found on the Vanderbilt Research Fair web page.
In addition to the poster session, the following information sessions will be offered:
- Finding research opportunities at Vanderbilt
- How to find research-based scholarships
- Student Panel
- Conveying research experiences to graduate schools and employers
Types of projects that may be presented:
- Projects by current undergraduates that have been completed over the course of the academic year or summer, at Vanderbilt or elsewhere
- Projects being completed as part of an honors thesis or independent study
- “Works in progress” if the student has enough content to present alongside those with finished projects.
For students who have already presented at a poster session – or may be about to – this is an opportunity for them to present to a broader audience, challenging them to make it accessible to those outside of their fields. The ability to do this is an invaluable skill to take to future employers, graduate schools and scholarship committees.
Prizes will be awarded in several categories, most significant of which will go to the students who are most effective in conveying their work to those outside of their disciplines.
For more information:
Students in the VUSRP program should contact:
All others may contact:
Director, Office of Honor Scholarships
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Home Features, Mechanical Engineering, News, Research.