Download and complete the appropriate form below and submit to engineering-oas@Vanderbilt.edu:
Note: Paper copies are no longer accepted for any forms. All forms must be scanned or photographed and submitted to the email above (Regardless of instructions listed on the form). All registration related forms are due to the OAS on the 10th day of classes for the semester of which enrollment is requested. Please note that submission of the form does not guarantee enrollment as it will need to be reviewed by our office.
- Course Withdrawal Request Workflow (Link to YES User Guide and below has more instructions)
- Change of Course Request Form (for audits only)
- Request for Pass/Fail Status
- Request to Change Pass/Fail to Graded
- Request for Course Requisite Variance
- Time Conflict Approval
- Approval for Graduate Level Course
- Change of Major
- Declaration of Second Major or Minor
- Engineering Science Program Concentration Declaration Form
- Engineering Science Program Concentration Change Form
- Leave of Absence (please email the Office of Academic Services to inquire about a leave)
- Petition to Underload-VUSE Seniors
- Consent to Release Academic Information
To submit a request to participate in 2023 Fall research/individual study (Deadline-Tuesday, September 5th at 4 p.m. central):
- On the student landing page in YES, click on 'Individual Study'.
- The individual study form will open. Input the requested personal information.
- Next, select your home school (associated with your primary major).
- Select the course in which you hope to enroll and input all information requested, including credit hours listed, the term in which you hope to enroll, and whether or not you will be dropping a different course if approved to enroll in undergraduate research/individual study.
- Input name of the faculty member with whom you will work for this undergraduate research/individual study.
- Write a detailed description of the research in which you will participate. Note that this description is what departmental and school-level approvers will be basing their approval of this enrollment upon.
- Submit the form; you will be automatically enrolled in the course upon all approvals (and dropped from relevant course you input in #4, above).
To submit a request to withdraw from a 2023 Fall course: (Deadline- Friday, October 27, 2023 at 4 p.m. central)
- On the student landing page in YES, click on 'Course Withdrawal'.
- The course withdrawal form will open. Input the requested personal information.
- Next, select your home school (associated with your primary major) and faculty adviser (found in YES).
- Select the course from which you wish to withdraw and answer the 4 questions. Please be advised that withdrawing from a course can affect billing, financial aid, immigration status, and/or athletic eligibility. Contact information will be provided.
4a. If the withdrawal will result in a semester enrollment of less than 12 hours total, then please complete the webform for the 'VUSE Underload Acknowledgment' found here :
- Sign the form and submit the request for approval. Requests for course wtihdrawal will route to the following for review and approval: your adviser, the Office of Academic Services and in some cases the Associate Dean. Withdrawal requests will not be processed until all approvals have been finalized. Requests for which approvals have not been finalized within 7 days will be cancelled.
To convert a 2023 Fall Pass/Fail course back to a graded basis course or to change a course from graded to Pass/Fail: (Deadline- Friday, October 27, 2023 at 4 p.m. central)
- Download the appropriate form above.
- Complete the appropriate portions of the form, and then save the form as, “Pass-Fail conversion – (YOUR NAME).”
- Email the form to email@example.com.
To change your major or add another major or minor within the School of Engineering:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your current major, your current adviser, and your desired new major
- We will reply to you, copying your old adviser and your newly assigned adviser, to inform you of your new adviser
- We in the Office of Academic Services will then complete the necessary steps to change your major (get adviser/departmental approval and submit appropriate paperwork). Junior and senior students changing their primary major will be asked to get departmental approval before the primary major will be changed.
To add/drop a 2nd major or minor outside the School of Engineering :
- Download the 'Change of Major' form above.
- Complete the appropriate portions of the form, and then save the form as, "Major Declaration- (YOUR NAME)."
- Send the form and your request to the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) of the department for your intended major and minor. They will let you know the name of the adviser they will assign to you which you will include next to a major or minor you are declaring. If you are dropping a major or minor you will need permission from the adviser listed on your YES page.
- Email the form to email@example.com with the adviser name(s) and permission(s). We will accept an email approval in lieu of a signature on the form.