Download and complete the appropriate form below and submit to engineering-oas@Vanderbilt.edu:
- Change of Course Request Form
- Request for Pass/Fail Status
- Request to Change Pass/Fail to Graded
- Request for Course Requisite Variance
- Time Conflict Approval
- Approval for Graduate Level Course
- Change of Major
- Declaration of Second Major or Minor
- Engineering Science Program Concentration Declaration Form
- Engineering Science Program Concentration Change Form
- Leave of Absence (please email the Office of Academic Services to inquire about a leave)
- Independent Study/Research for Credit (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Engineering Science, Materials Science and Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
- Biomedical Engineering Research Form
- Computer Science Research Form
- Scientific Computing Research Form
To withdraw from a 2021 Fall course: (Deadline- To be Announced)
- Please download the appropriate form: https://registrar.vanderbilt.edu/registration/forms.php
- Complete the student portions of the form, and then save the form as, “Withdrawal request – (YOUR NAME).” 2a. If the withdrawal will result in a semester enrollment of less than 12 hours total, then please complete the webform for the 'VUSE Underload Acknowledgment' found here :
- Email that form to your course instructor asking for their approval to withdraw from the course.
- Once you receive a reply from the course instructor, forward that reply along with the original attachment of your form to your primary major Academic Adviser.
- Once you receive a reply from your academic adviser, forward that reply along with the original attachment of your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you circled YES to any of the questions, someone from the Office of Academic Services will then contact you for proper counseling as needed prior to executing the withdrawal.
To convert a 2021 Fall Pass/Fail course back to a graded basis course or to change a course from graded to Pass/Fail: (Deadline- To be Announced)
- Download the appropriate form above.
- Complete the appropriate portions of the form, and then save the form as, “Pass-Fail conversion – (YOUR NAME).”
- Email that form to email@example.com.
To change your major within the School of Engineering:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your current major, your current adviser, and your desired new major
- We will reply to you, copying your old adviser and your newly assigned adviser, to inform you of your new adviser
- We in the Office of Academic Services will then complete the necessary steps to change your major (get adviser/departmental approval and submit appropriate paperwork)
To add/drop a 2nd major or minor:
- Email email@example.com with the following: the major or minor you are adding or dropping
- We will reply to you, copying your newly assigned adviser, to inform you of your new adviser.
- We in the Office of Academic Services will then complete the necessary steps to add/drop your 2nd major or minor(s) (get adviser/departmental approval and submit appropriate paperwork)