Research Assistant Professor
Director of Entrepreneurship and Biomedical Innovation, The Wond'ry
I-Corps Hub Director, Mid-South Innovation Hub
Course Director, Associate Director of Engineering, Medical Innovators Development Program (MiDP)
- Batcho EC, Miller SE, Cover TL, McClain MS, Marasco CC, Bell CS and Giorgio, TD. Inertial-Based Fluidic Platform for Rapid Isolation of Blood-Borne Pathogens. Military Medicine 2021, 186 S1, 129-136. doi: 10.1093/milmed/usaa442 (2021).
- Bell CS, Mejías R, Miller SE, Greer JM, McClain MS, Cover TL, Giorgio TD. Magnetic Extraction of Acinetobacter baumannii Using Colistin-Functionalized γ‐Fe2O3/Au Core/Shell Composite Nanoclusters. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 9 (32):26719–26730 (2017).
- Valenzuela SP, Miller SE, Bell CS, Giorgio TD. Optimization of Micromagnetic Separation for Bacteremia Treatment. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Nanotechnology (IJTAN). 5:27-35 (2017).
- Miller SE, Bell CS, McClain MS, Cover TL, Giorgio TD (2016) Dynamic Computational Model of Symptomatic Bacteremia to Inform Bacterial Separation Treatment Requirements. PLoS ONE 11 (9):e0163167. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0163167
- Miller, SE. Bell, CS, Meijas, R, McClain, M, Cover, T, Giorgio, TD, Colistin-Functionalized Nanoparticles for the Rapid Capture of Acinetobacter baumannii. J. Biomed. Nanotech. 12:9, 1806-1819(14) (2015).
- Bell CS, Yu SS, Giorgio TD., The MultiStrata Nanoparticle: An FeOx/Au core/shell nanoparticle encapsulated in a Silica-Gold Shell. Small. 7(9):1158-1162 (2011).
- Sewell SL, Higgins MM, Bell CS, Giorgio TD., Quantification of Quantum Dot Concentration using Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS). Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology. 7(5):685-690 (2011).
- Yu SS, Scherer RL, Ortega RA, Bell CS, O’Neil CP, Hubbell JA, Giorgio TD., Enzymatic- and temperature-sensitive controlled release of ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxides (USPIOs). Journal of Nanobiotechnology., 9:7 (2011).
- Lowery A., Sewell S., Bell C., Giorgio T., Nanoparticle Synthesis to Application: A Nanobiotechnology Lab Course for Biomedical Engineering. American Society for Engineering Education Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings (2010).
- Bell CS, Tanner RD., The Effect of Potato Starch on the Foam Fractionation of Egg Albumin. Starch: Recent Progress in Biopolymer and Enzyme Technology. International Starch Convention XVI, Krakow-Moscow. Chpt 21, 263-274 (2008).
Patents and Intellectual Property:
Bell CS, Yu SS., “Multistrata Nanoparticles and Methods for Making Multistrata Nanoparticles.” (US Patent App# 093386-9024-US01, filed/pending 2011-10-27).
Bell CS, Stevenson AT., “Compositions, devices and methods for detecting antigens, small molecules, and peptides such as bacterial quorum sensing peptides.” (US Patent App# PCT/US2013/050693, filed/pending 2011-7-16).
Bell CS, Bell CS, Gray R, Braxton R, Wilson J., “Distribution Of Media With Tracking And Analysis Of Media Usage For Royalty, Loyalty, And Collection Of Metadata” (US Patent US10997611B2, filed 2013-5-4, issued 2021-05-04).
Bell CS, Sadler W, Braxton R, Eberhardt JM, Wilson, J., “Apparatus, Devices, and Methods for Content Distribution and Access via Object-Motion Tracking” (US Patent US10021626B2, filed 2015-6-1, issued 2018-7-10).
Miller SE, Bell CS, Cook AL, Giorgio TD., “Antibiotic-Functionalized Microfluidic Device for Bacterial Separation” (US Patent 11154861, filed 2016-7-7, issued 2021-10-26).
Dr. Charleson S. Bell, PhD is a modern day polymath, pioneering and drawing from multiple fields and bodies of knowledge to solve many of the world's current problems. A multi-talented man of Faith, Dr. Bell not only excels in Innovation and Research, but also the arts including Creative Writing and Music/Film Production. Unifying and uplifting others, either through innovation or art, is his passion.