Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Robotics, optimal control, system dynamics, compliant robot actuators, human performance augmentation technology
- Novel actuators for robots and human performance augmentation
- Data-driven optimal control for robots and human augmentation
- Superhuman augmentation technology
- E.S. Altinkaynak, G. Roig, and D.J. Braun, Multiphase and Multivariable Linear Controllers that Account for the Joint Torques in Normal Human Walking, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2019 (accepted).
- D.J. Braun, V. Chalvet, Chong T.-H., S.S. Apte and N. Hogan, Variable Stiffness Spring Actuators for Low Energy Cost Stiffness Modulation, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2019 (accepted).
- Y. Chen and D.J. Braun, Hardware-in-the-Loop Iterative Optimal Feedback Control without Model-based Future Prediction, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2019 (accepted).
- A. Sutrisno and D.J. Braun, Enhancing Mobility with Quasi-passive Variable Stiffness Exoskeletons, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 487-496, 2019.
- D.J. Braun, V. Chalvet and A. Dahiya, Positive-Negative Stiffness Actuators, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 162-173, 2019.
- F. A. Yaghmaie and D.J. Braun, Reinforcement Learning for a Class of Continuous-time Input Constrained Optimal Control Problems, Automatica, vol. 99, pp. 221-227, 2019.
- D.J. Braun, F. Petit, F. Huber, S. Haddadin, P. van der Smagt, A. Albu-Schaffer and S. Vijayakumar, Robots Driven by Compliant Actuators: Optimal Control under Actuation Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1085-1101, 2013.