Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Associate Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Director of Graduate Studies in Chemical Engineering
Metabolic engineering; systems biology; diabetes, obesity and metabolic disorders; tumor metabolism; autotrophic metabolism; cell culture engineering
- C. C. Hughey, F. D. James, D. P. Bracy, E. P. Donahue, J. D. Young, B. Viollet, M. Foretz, D. H. Wasserman. Loss of hepatic AMP-activated protein kinase impedes the rate of glycogenolysis but not gluconeogenic fluxes in exercising mice. Journal of Biological Chemistry 292: 20125–20140, 2017.
- B. Faubert, K. Y. Li, L. Cai, C. T. Hensley, J. Kim, L. G. Zacharias, C. Yang, Q. N. Do, S. Doucette, D. Burguete, H. Li, G. Huet, Q. Yuan, T. Wigal, Y. Butt, M. Ni, J. Torrealba, D. Oliver, R. E. Lenkinski, C. R. Malloy, J. W. Wachsmann, J. D. Young, K. Kernstine, R. J. DeBerardinis*. Lactate metabolism in human lung tumors. Cell 171:358–371.e9, 2017.
- N. Templeton, K. D. Smith, A. G. McAtee-Pereira, H. Dorai, M. J. Betenbaugh, S. E. Lang, J. D. Young*. Application of 13C flux analysis to identify high-productivity CHO metabolic phenotypes. Metabolic Engineering 43:218–225, 2017.
- L. J. Jazmin, Y. Xu, Y. E. Cheah, A. O. Adebiyi, C. H. Johnson, J. D. Young*. Isotopically nonstationary 13C flux analysis of cyanobacterial isobutyraldehyde production. Metabolic Engineering 42:9–18, 2017.
- A. K. Leamy, C. M. Hasenour, R. A. Egnatchik, I. A. Trenary, C. Yao, G. J. Patti, M. Shiota, J. D. Young*. Knockdown of triglyceride synthesis does not enhance palmitate lipotoxicity or prevent oleate-mediated rescue in rat hepatocytes. BBA–Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids 1861:1005–1014, 2016.
- Y. M. Whang, S. I. Park, I. A. Trenary, R. A. Egnatchik, J. P. Fessel, J. Kaufman, D. P. Carbone, J.D. Young*. LKB1 deficiency enhances sensitivity to energetic stress induced by erlotinib treatment in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells. Oncogene 35:856–866, 2016.