Assistant Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
My research leverages the intersection between i) in-situ metrology, ii) process engineering and iii) material science to enable bottom-up novel materials design and synthesis for energy, novel membrane, electronics, catalysis, metrology and healthcare applications. The key scientific questions in my field relate to understanding mechanisms for atomistic control during nanomaterial synthesis, while the engineering challenges center around developing scalable production processes and interfacing nanomaterials into functional systems to realize applications.
We are actively looking for talented graduate students and post-docs to join the group in Fall 2017.
- Kidambi P.R., Mariappan D.D., Dee N.T., Vyatskikh A., Zhang S., Karnik R., Hart A.J., "A Scalable Route to Nanoporous Large-Area Atomically Thin Graphene Membranes by Roll-to-Roll Chemical Vapor Deposition and Polymer Support Casing" ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces (2018) DOI:10.1021/acsami.8b00846
- Kidambi P.R., Jang D., Idrobo J., Boutilier M.S., Wang L., Kong
J. and Karnik R., “Nanoporous atomically thin membranes for de-salting and
Advanced Materials (2017)
- Kidambi P.R., Boutilier M.S., Jang D., Wang L., Kim J. and Karnik R., “Selective nanoscale mass transport across atomically thin single crystalline graphene membranes” Advanced Materials (2017) DOI: 10.1002/adma.201605896
- Kidambi P.R., Terry R.A., Wang L., Boutilier M.S., Jang D., Kong J. and Karnik R., “Assessment and Control of the Impermeability of Graphene for Atomically Thin Membranes and Barriers” Nanoscale (2017) DOI: 10.1039/c7nr01921a
- Kidambi P.R., Weijtens C., Robertson J.R., Hofmann S. and Meyer J., ‘’Multifunctional oxides for integrated manufacturing compatible doping and patterning of graphene electrodes for organic electronics’’ Applied Physics Letters. (2015) DOI: 10.1063/1.4908292
- Xi K., Kidambi P.R., Chen R., Gao C., Peng. X, Ducati C., Hofmann S. and Kumar R.V., ‘’ Binder free three-dimensional sulphur/few-layer graphene foam cathode with enhanced high-rate capability for rechargeable lithium sulphur batteries’’, Nanoscale. (2014) DOI: 10.1039/C4NR00326H.
- Kidambi P.R., Blume R., Kling J., Wagner J.B., Baehtz C., Weatherup R.S., Schloegl R., Bayer B.C. and Hofmann S., ‘’In-situ observations during chemical vapor deposition of hexagonal boron nitride on polycrystalline copper’’, Chemistry of Materials. (2014) DOI: 10.1021/cm502603n.
- Kidambi P.R., Bayer B.C., Blume R., Wang Z., Willinger M., Baehtz C., Weatherup R.S., Schloegl R., and Hofmann S., ‘’Observing graphene grow: Catalyst-graphene interactions during scalable graphene growth on polycrystalline copper’’, Nano Letters. (2013) DOI: 10.1021/nl4023572.
- Kidambi P.R., Cleeton J.P.E., Scott S.A., Dennis J.S., and Bohn C.D., ‘’The interaction of iron oxide with alumina in a composite oxygen carrier during the production of hydrogen by chemical looping’’, Energy and Fuels. (2011) DOI: 10.1021/ef200859d.
- Cornel J., Kidambi P.R. and Mazzotti M. “Precipitation and transformation of the three polymorphs of D-mannitol” Industrial Engineering and Chemistry Research. (2010) DOI: 10.1021/ie9019616.
- Teleki A., Suter M., Kidambi P.R., Ergeneman O., Krumeich F., Nelson B.J., and Pratsinis S.E., “Hermetically coated superparamagnetic Fe2O3 particles with SiO2 nanofilms”, Chemistry of Materials. (2009) DOI: 10.1021/cm803153m.