U.S. News graduate school rankings
Six Vanderbilt graduate engineering programs were ranked among the top 50 in the nation, according to the 2007 U.S. News and World Report annual ranking of leading graduate and professional schools. The School of Engineering was ranked 42, up five slots from the previous year.
Biomedical engineering led Vanderbilt engineering programs with a rank of 21st. Other engineering programs in the top 50 included:
- Chemical Engineering, tied at 44th;
- Civil Engineering, tied at 46th;
- Computer Engineering, tied at 43rd;
- Electrical Engineering, tied at 49th;
- Mechanical Engineering, tied at 44th.
When compared with other very-high research activity universities with fewer than 100 tenured and tenure-track engineering school faculty, the Vanderbilt School of Engineering ranks 7th in the nation.