Vanderbilt University, VUMC faculty named Highly Cited Researchers, rank in top 1% by citations
Experts from the Institute for Scientific Information identified 13 faculty at Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center as among the top one percent of cited researchers worldwide.
The preliminary list of Highly Cited Researchers is drawn from the highly cited papers that rank in the top one percent by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index over the past decade. The methodology that determines the “who’s who” of influential researchers draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information™ at Clarivate.
“We are proud that the pathbreaking work of so many Vanderbilt researchers is being used by so many others as the foundation of new knowledge and discovery,” said Vanderbilt Provost C. Cybele Raver. “This list affirms that Vanderbilt researchers are doing work that matters in addressing society’s most pressing problems. Congratulations to all of the researchers on the list for their invaluable contributions.”
The researchers included in this year’s list are:
- Dr. Carlos Arteaga, adjunct professor in medicine
- Justin M. Balko, associate professor of medicine and pathology, microbiology and immunology
- Dr. Mark Denison, Edward Claiborne Stahlman Chair in pediatric physiology and cell metabolism
- Dr. Joshua C. Denny, adjunct professor of biomedical informatics
- Judy Garber, professor of psychology and human development and psychiatry and behavioral sciences
- Dr. David G. Harrison, professor of medicine, Betty and Jack Bailey Chair in cardiology and professor of molecular physiology and biophysics and pharmacology
- Dr. Leora Horn, adjunct associate professor of medicine
- Dr. Douglas Johnson, associate professor of medicine, co-leader of translational research and interventional oncology at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Shihong Lin, associate professor of civil and environmental engineering and chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Dr. Javid J. Moslehi, associate professor of medicine
- Kristopher J. Preacher, professor of psychology and Lois Autrey Betts Chair in Education and Human Development
- Dr. Jeffrey A. Sosman, adjunct professor of medicine
- C. Michael Stein, Dan May Professor and professor of medicine and pharmacology
“Research fuels the race for knowledge, and it is important that nations and institutions celebrate the individuals who drive the wheel of innovation,” said David Pendlebury, head of research analysis at the Institute for Scientific Information at Clarivate. “The Highly Cited Researchers list identifies and celebrates exceptional individual researchers at Vanderbilt University and VUMC who are having a significant impact on the research community as evidenced by the rate at which their work is being cited by their peers. These individuals are helping to transform human ingenuity into our world’s greatest breakthroughs—and it is an honor to celebrate their achievements.”
The Highly Cited Researchers™ 2022 list uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify people from across the globe who have demonstrated significant and broad influence in their chosen field or fields of research. 7,225 researcher awards to 6,938 individuals from 69 countries and regions are recognized this year.