Program in Risk, Reliability, and Resilience Engineering
Risk, reliability, resilience master's program has first graduate!
Critical systems, processes and devices that support the social and economic well-being of a society are subject to risks of disruptive events, resulting from natural hazards, man-made attacks, malfunctions or accidents during their lifetime. Our critical systems have to be able to not only withstand such events, but also recover from them to an acceptable level of performance within a desired duration.
Vanderbilt University’s M.Eng. degree in Risk, Reliability and Resilience (RRR) engineering is uniquely designed to develop expertise and leadership in making informed decisions that properly account for uncertainty and risk, in order to enhance quality, efficiency, safety, security and environmental protection. The 12-month, 30-hour interdisciplinary program puts graduates on a game-changing career path in organizations of all sizes and types.
Why choose Vanderbilt?
- Recognized leader in RRR research, education and outreach
- Decades of institutional investment in RRR research facilities and world-class faculty
- Extensive relationships with government agencies, industry and foundations
- Substantial experience in developing impactful solutions for industry, government and society
- Excellence in mentoring and creating immersion experiences for students
We offer a flexible academic curriculum that cuts across multiple disciplines and allows students to tailor their studies to personal interests and goals by selecting courses from different concentrations. The curriculum includes:
- Courses on foundations in risk, reliability and resilience engineering
- Courses in project management, economics, law and public policy
- Elective courses that can be selected from multiple disciplines
- Capstone projects
- Real-world laboratory
- Rapidly expanding industry base and entrepreneurial initiatives
- Rich cultural environment known as Music City, USA
For more information:
To submit an application visit: gradschool.vanderbilt.edu